The US Army's Tankers jacket was officially called the "Jacket, Combat, Winter" and was originally designed for armoured crews but was soon used by all Branch of Services in the US Army.
Although it was issued as part of the Winter Combat uniform it is more commonly called the Tankers jacket, this is one of the iconic jackets worn in WW2 by the US Army and can be seen in many war films including "Saving Private Ryan" and "Kelly's Hero's" etc.
This Tankers jacket has all the details of the original American Army winter combat jacket of World War Two and is made by "Kay Canvas". It has a nice thick wool blanket type liner and a cotton outer with light brown knitted cuffs and the knitted is waist band gives a neat finish.
The Kay Canvas vintage Tankers jacket is made slightly longer and the elastic is slightly tighter than on the Miltec Tankers jacket which we also sell on our web site.
The Kay Canvas Tankers jacket features:
- Heavy 100% cotton outer (thicker and heavier than the M41 jacket).
- Brown blanket type wool liner (70% wool, 30% Polyester).
- Chrome Talon zip up front, we have tied a leather tab onto the zip pull which can be easily untied if you do not want the leather tab on the zip).
- Light brown elasticated collar, cuffs and waist band, the colour of the elastic compliments the colour of the jacket and gives a nice vintage look to the jacket.
- This is slightly darker colour than the last batch of tankers jackets, please see the pictures as this is the colour that you will receive.
36 - 52 inch chest